1 in 4 women age 18-24 have been stalked online | Nearly 1/3 of stalkers have stalked before
Stalking is a pattern of repeated and unwanted attention, harassment, contact, or any other course of conduct directed at a specific person that would cause a reasonable person to feel fear. Stalking and pressure to know where you are all the time is just NOT healthy Love. Stalking is serious, often violence, and can escalate over time. Stalking is unpredictable and dangerous. No two stalking situations are alike. There are no guarantee that what works for one person will work for another, yet you can take steps to increase your safety.
Hotlines/Helplines for stalking:
- StrongHearts Native Helpline | 1-844-7NATIVE (762-8483) | 24/7 Chat line
- The National Indian Country Clearinghouse on Sexual Assault – NICCSA
- National Domestic Violence Hotline | 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) TTY: 1-800-787-3224 | Chat line
- National Sexual Assault Hotline | 1-800-656-HOPE
- Arizona Sexual and Domestic Violence Helpline | PH: 602-279-2900 Toll Free: 1-800-782-6400 | SMT Text: 520-720-3383